Latest posts by Jamal Ahmelich (see all)
- 14 Ways to Include Mindfulness in your Day - August 2, 2021
- What is Nature Based Therapy? - February 2, 2021
- Ski therapy? An Outdoor Twist on Traditional Therapy - January 11, 2021
Sleep Hygiene – Strategies for a restful sleep
Sleep is such an important human function but yet many of us do not get adequate amounts of it. Complex lives have us missing valuable sleeping hours and have us going to bed at erratic times. Here are some tips to encourage a better nights sleep. Good night!
– Avoiding napping during the day.
– Some people find a calming activity such as reading, yoga, deep breathing, taking a bath or a cup of herbal tea helpful before bed.
– Avoid eating a heavy meal before bedtime
– If you have lots of thoughts racing around in your head before sleep, try writing in a journal
– Avoiding using the bedroom for watching TV or playing video games. Try to associate your bedroom as a place for relaxation.
– A dark, quiet room is optimal
– Avoiding stimulants/depressants before bed
– A good bedtime routine…same time to bed, in the same place
What helps you get a better nights sleep?